The Center for Latin American, Caribbean, and Latino Studies (CLACLS) is accepting proposals for the 2015 Summer Research Travel Fellowships. CLACLS will award fellowships of up to $1,000 (partial awards will also be granted) to full-time students currently enrolled in one of the Doctoral programs at the Graduate Center who are interested in travelling to Latin America and the Caribbean, Spain or Portugal to conduct research during the Summer 2015.
Eligible expenses will include travel and accommodation costs incurred to examine archival and other primary source material and/or to interview relevant informants. Partial awards to cover the eligible expenses may be made. Expenses attendant to travel to scholarly conferences, classes, or seminars are not eligible for support.
All applications must be submitted as ONE SINGLE DOCUMENT (Word or PDF) to CLACLSFellowships@gmail.com with the subject heading “[LAST NAME] 2015 Travel Fellowship Application”. Application materials should be ordered as follows:
- A single cover page stating the applicant’s full name, email address, home address, GC program, field of study, and title of the research proposal
- A one-page description of the research project with at least some mention of the proposed trip’s relevance (12pt font, Times New Roman, 1” Margins, Single Spaced)
- A one-page budget proposal (as detailed as possible)
- Curriculum Vitae (no more than two pages)
- A copy of the applicant’s Graduate Center transcript (an unofficial copy from GC Banner is fine)
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until April 8th, 2015 at 5pm
Decisions will go out May 4th, 2015 by 5pm
For more information, contact CLACLS at 212.817.8438
Information regarding former winners can be found on the CLACLS website at http://clacls.gc.cuny.edu
Tags: CLACLS, Fellowships, Funding, Research, Travel